Wednesday, August 27, 2008

spinning

I just wanted to post a picture of some spindles that I have made. These have all be made with suppies from the craft store / hardware store, and they work PERFECTLY well. No more than $5.00 in any of them and probably more like 2 or 3. I *heart* spinning!

The one on the left is made from a wooden decoration that you could add to molding to make it more decorative that Kevin helped me drill a hole through and then insert the dowel rod with cup hook in it. I stained it with some honey stain that I found in the garage, and Voila! The middle one is a craft wooden circle found at Michaels for 25 cents painted green and a wooden daisy, also from Michaels for 25 cents, painted by me. Both were drilled with a hole in the "center" (by me) and a dowel with cup hook inserted. The one on the right, is another craft circle, but this one is by itself and I painted one of my favorite things on it - a dragonfly.
All were easy to make and are EASY to spin with!

1 comment:

BammerKT said...

Wow you are really crafty and busy! I love the spindles but I dunno how to spin with one. They are really pretty!. Nice painting job